Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
What to Know About Anesthesia for Oral Surgery
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, prior to your surgical date:
please check with Dr. Hurst in Nacogdoches: Nacogdoches Office Phone Number 936-569-1111 or Dr. Tate in Lufkin: Lufkin Office Phone Number 936-632-4444 for instructions.
Questions About Your Pre or Post Surgery Instructions?
Preparing and recovering properly from your surgical procedure helps you avoid complications -- so it's very important to follow your instructions carefully. If you have questions or concerns about your surgical care, don't hestiate to contact us.Nacogdoches Office Lufkin Office